Friday, December 12, 2008




Christmas Treats......

In the next week I am going to make up a batch of Microwave Truffles & Pistachio Brittle. I usually try to make some Peanut Brittle each year because my mom really likes it. Also another item I like to make is my microwave Caramel Corn, which I don't just make at Christmas time. You can find that recipe here in my recipe file. I have to thank my mother in law for that wonderful recipe.

Microwave Truffles
  • 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted, divided
  • 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
  • 1/4 cup butter (no substitutes)
  • 1/4 cup whipping cream
  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract


Place 24 small foil candy cups in miniature muffin cups or on a baking sheet. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon pecans into each; set cups and remaining pecans aside. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter. Microwave at 50% power for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted. Stir in cream and extract. Beat with an electric mixer until slightly thickened, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Immediately pour into prepared cups. Top with remaining pecans. Refrigerate until set.

"Microwave" Peanut Brittle

1 cup sugar
1/2 light corn syrup
dash of salt
1 1/2 cups raw peanuts or unsalted peanuts

1 Tb butter
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

1. Grease baking sheet heavily and then set aside.

2. Combine sugar, corn syrup, salt and nuts. Microwave on high for 4 mins. & stir then microwave for 4 or 5 more mins. or until it's light brown color. Then stir in butter, baking soda and vanilla. Then spread mixture thinly on the baking sheet and let cool in refrigerator for 20 minutes. When cool break up into pieces and store in a air tight container or package up to give away.

I so love the microwave. It makes cooking things so easy. Let me know if you try them out and like them or let me know one of your favorite Christmas recipe:)

No comments: