Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cook Yourself Thin......

I have been watching some episodes called, "Cook Yourself Thin." They have been awesome and I have been learning so much. Some of the things I've learned I have already known and some things have been new. One thing I learned today was to use parchment paper when baking cookies because it's not only makes clean up easy, but saves you some calories with not using the spray stuff, which really is not good for us anyway. Another problem I have is the amount of butter I use in foods and baking. I have seen some really great recipes that don't use any butter or oil. I am going to have to try out this Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe, which sounds awesome. Lastly Olive oil is also the best oil to us when you want to use an oil.

To find some of their other recipes you can go here. I will be checking them out here over the next few months and when I find one I love I'll let you know.

I have been challenged by my husband to workout at least 30 minutes every day, no coffee in the morning, since I like to put to much cream and sugar in it and lastly no sweets or I am hoping to make some healthy cookies and deserts to curve my craving, which I know I will have. The kids make cooking a challenge because we know how much kids like sweets and treats. I do have one thing going for me is that I am not a snack person.

So this is my challenge and now I need a lot of accountability. I not only want to do this for myself, but for my kids. I want them to see the importance of exercise and eating foods that are good for the body. Another reason I need to do this is because in I Corinthians 6:19 the Lord tells us our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and also our body is not our own. We need to keep ourselves healthy because that is what the Lord would want us to do. I hope I have encouraged another and set up some accountability also for myself.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Good luck! I'm also working on this...healthy eating and exercise. Not so easy but so worth it!