Saturday, June 04, 2011


Garden Planted.......
I had been holding off on planting a garden because I just didn't know if we would be here at the end of the summer. After waiting a while I got $5 of free money from Ace Hardware and decided to use it on buying a few plants. I got 12 tomato plants, 4 brussel sprouts, 4 summer squashes, 4 peppers and 4 cucumbers. The kids and I then planted some seeds that I had like carrots, onions, lettuce, zucchini and broccoli. For just under $10 I planted all of this and the yield will be great.


Gabriel & Noah loved to help dig the holds for the plants and finding the worms was even more exciting. The other thing I love about planting a garden is letting the kids water it and picking the vegetables when they are ready. Anna has been a good helper with watering the plants during the heat. What a love about having a garden is giving the kids something to do and at the end of the season we get so much wonderful produce to eat.

No comments: