Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What a day.....

Today I was up in the boy's room and happened to glance out the window just in time to see a snake slithering on the road. It made it's way under the truck and then stayed there a bit. I really could not believe my eye's and on top of it I am terrified of them. It was not baby either but probably a good 45" long. The snake then made it's way up on our lawn and after an hour the boys spotted it by our garden. I am sure hoping it does not make a home there. I tried to get the hubby to go out and do a good check through the garden, but he wouldn't. He just laughed because he thinks it's funny that I am so scared of them. I believe it will be a few days before I can venture out into the garden and I may even have to put on a pair of boots, just in case.

The kids did end up having a great day playing with some friends who came over for a visit. I was a bit surprise that Anna ventured out, but hopefully the loud kids scared the snake a way. Later in the day the boys kept saying, "There's a snake in my boot." I wish I had taken a picture, the boys had put on the their boots, capes, and super hero masks. They then heading out in search of the snake. What a day!

P.S. To top it all off the truck battery is completely dead and there is no way to revive it. I took Noah with me to the grocery store and then after we got back and I was carrying the groceries in he turned the lights on. It's daytime, so I could not see them. Unfortunately they were on until the battery was dead. The worst part about this is Brandon just put a new battery in the truck a couple of months ago. We tried charging it, but it just will not work. Money wasted, which I really hate.

No comments: