Thursday, April 11, 2013

 Apple Jack Cookies....

We made these cookies today for school.  We are working my measuring cups and spoons.  The kids loved them and even Anna, which is amazing because she doesn't like many sweet things. 


Ingredients:
1 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. butter
1 egg
1 1/2 C. flour
2 T. ground flax seed
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 C. chopped peeled apple (I used my little mini food process, which I love.)  Also the next batch I make I may chop up some carrots with the apples. 

Directions:
Cream togeher sugar and shortening.   Beat in egg.  Sift together dry ingredients and add to mixture.  Beat until well blended.  Stir in apples.  Drop in the shape of ball on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments: