Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Greetings from Nebraska from Renee's husband, Brandon!

I told Renee that she smelled like a filthy water buffalo, so while she's taking a shower I'm going to update her blog. What a dutiful husband I am.

Renee and I made it safely to my parents' place late Monday afternoon. It was a long 11 1/2 hour drive. Anna was as good as gold, but Gabriel and Noah fought off and on. Unfortunately, Noah doesn't speak much yet so he shrieks at the top of his lungs when he's mad. Definitely not my favorite sound.

We celebrated Anna's 5th birthday at my parents' house Tuesday night. Renee made a nice sheet cake with some yummy home-made frosting. Grandma Kara ordered one of those edible transparent cake graphics for the top of the cake. It had all of the princesses from Disney movies: Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Jasmine, and Belle. She was so excited to see her finished cake. We have pictures and video that we'll post later.

Grandma Kara watched the kids yesterday afternoon while Renee and I went on a date to see Avatar at the theater. If you liked "Dances with Wolves" you know the basic story of Avatar. Just substitute 10 foot tall blue aliens for the Sioux and Sam Worthington for Kevin Costner and you're pretty much good to go. The movie was spectacular to see, though. We got to see it in 3D. They weren't kidding about the 3D part either. Awesome.

Mom and Dad have a couple of friends over to watch the Nebraska/Arizona game. Right now (late 3rd quarter) the score is 33 to 0 Nebraska. Ouch.

Tomorrow morning I'm going black powder rifle hunting with my dad. Going after some Platte River Valley corn fed white tails. As I'm from out of state and don't have a hunting permit, Dad will do any shooting. I get to gut the deer, though if we get anything. It'll be like dissecting a frog in high school, only cooler with way more blood and guts. Will post an after action report.

No comments: