Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Smoothies....
The kids love to eat fruit smoothies so lots of times we have them for lunch or for an after supper desert because daddy loves them too. One thing the kids don't I had read post from other women who put spinach in them so today I took the plunge. I not only put spinach in the smoothie, but carrots as well because yesterday I cooked up a big batch of carrots, then blended them up and froze them in ice cube trays. I am getting ready for little Noah to start eating but the ice cube size carrots work great to put in the smoothies. The kids love them and have no idea that there are carrots and spinach in them. The other things that I put in my smoothies are frozen bananas, blueberries, strawberries, vanilla yogurt, milk and orange juice or whatever juice I have in the refrigerator. We have a magic bullet that I use to blend up everything. We have had our magic bullet for a couple of year and love it, so if anyone tries the spinach or carrots in there smoothies let me know.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Renee! I remembered when I was halfway home that I forget my smoothie - BUMMER!! :)

Renee said...

I forgot to get it for you as well. Glad to hear you made it home safely. It was so nice to have you here to visit, but the weekend was way to short:)

Anonymous said...

I know the kids might not have tasted it but could you?

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

P.S What's your recipe for smoothies?

Renee said...

I could not tell that there was carrots or spinach in them either. I don't have a recipe that I use. I just put in the items that I listed in the post. You can decide how much of each item you want.