Wednesday, November 05, 2008


Recipe Box Swap

I'm joining Randi for the first time at I Have to Say for a recipe swap. This month's theme is "anything goes". This recipe is a long time favorite from my growing up years. My grandma would make this for most holidays and family gatherings. Also if anyone's grandma is like mine grandma's always taste better then what I could ever make, but this last summer I came across this fancy pearl rice, which makes awesome rice pudding and reminds me of my grandma. So here's the recipe......


Rice Pudding

4 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup rice
dash of salt

I add all the ingredient to my slow cooker and cook till thick and creamy. When done then add a tsp of Vanilla and sprinkle with cinnamon. Also when I make this I usually double or tripe the recipe, so I have some for a few days. So Easy & Yummy:)


I just made this recipe last night, so that's how I was able to add the pictures. Let me know if you try it out and enjoy it:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad has always loved rice pudding. I, however, have never tried it! Thanks for posting this so that I can. I think my kids would enjoy it!

Renee said...

Randi,
Thanks for stopping by and hosting the Recipe Swap. I'm sure you will find this recipe to be very easy.

Lynn said...

This sounds easy and fun. Love those crockpots! Have you ever put chocolate chips in your rice pudding? That's my favorite. I'll have to give your version a try. Thank you.

Renee said...

I have never put chocolate chips in it, but using the pearl rice sure gives it a different texture. I may have to try the chocolate some time.