Rhubarb Custard Cake
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup Granulated Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream and fresh mint, optional
Directions:Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Mix the rhubarb, sugar & cream together and slowly pour over top.
Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped cream or refrigerate till cool and then spread the whip cream over the top. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Homemade Whipped Cream
1/2 pt. whipping cream
3 Tb. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Whip cream with mixer. Be careful not to over beat or else will get too thick like butter. When it begins to thicken, add sugar and vanilla; stir. Refrigerate.