Wednesday, June 10, 2009



Rhubarb Cranberry Jam......
I picked some rhubarb from my garden and decided to make some freezer jam. I love freezer jams because the taste of the fruit is so fresh tasting. I used a very easy recipes, which can be found here. It made 3 pints plus this extra jelly container you can see in the picture. I enjoyed it on my homemade bread this morning. My mother in law was here to visit a few weeks ago and I learned that I can make up a double batch of this homemade bread recipe in my bread machine on the dough cycle. Then just take it out afterward and divided it up between to bread pans, let it rise, and bake it in the oven. I then just freeze the extra loaf, so that I don't have to bake bread as often. I also love to eat homemade bread with my oatmeal in the morning and the boys also love oatmeal and bread for breakfast too. This makes a great start to the day!

No comments: