Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Questions.....

A blog that I read had these Christmas questions posted and so I thought I'd join in too.

Wrapping paper or gift bags?
For the kids I like to use wrapping paper because they enjoy ripping the paper, but I don't mind using gift bags for the adults. If I am in a hurry I will also us a gift bag or if I don't happen to have a box to wrap the item in.

Real tree or artificial?
I would love to have a real tree, but it is artificial for our family. Brandon has allergies and so the pine scent would probably bother him.

When do you put up the tree?
Usually as soon as I can after Thanksgiving

When do you take the tree down?
Usually sometime soon after New Years

Favorite holiday theme?
I like snowmen and have collected quite a few over the last few years. I also have a nice nativity set that I put up each year. I don't have to much space or should I say shelf space to put item on because with the kids they would just get into it.

Favorite gift received as a child?
I got these dolls called Hot Looks and over a few Christmas's I got a total of three dolls and lots of clothes and accessories. I played with them a lot and still have them for when Anna gets old enough.

Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, my mother gave me a nice one a few years back and I usually set it up on top of my microwave, which is in the dining room.

Hardest person to buy for?
The men in the family

Easiest person to buy for?
kids.

Mail or email cards?
Usually the mail, but this year I don't think I am going many cards out. So I am probably going to just use my blog site.

Favorite Christmas movie?
Home Alone

When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Though out the year. If I see something I know a family member would like I pick it up then I don't spend to much money at one time.

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Caramel corn

White lights or colored on the tree?
Last year I used colored lights on the tree and this year I used white. I guess it depends on what kind of look I want.

Favorite Christmas song?
Silent Night, Oh Holy Night, The Christmas Song and so many more.

Travel for Christmas or stay at home?
We usually travel to Nebraska and Iowa, but with being pregnant this year and due Jan 24 we are staying home, which will be nice for a change.

Angel on the tree top or a star?
A angel.

Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day
We may open one on Christmas Eve and then the rest of the gifts on Christmas morning.

Most annoying thing about this time of year?
How people miss the true meaning of Christmas and how they spend so much money.

What I love most about Christmas?
Decorating the house & Celebrating Jesus's birth.

I would love to hear what you love most about Christmas??????

No comments: